We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Senior Data Scientist with possible Machine Learning orientation. As a Data Scientist, you will play a crucial role in analyzing complex datasets, developing innovative machine learning models, and driving data-driven decision-making across the organization. Your work will directly impact our products, services, and overall business strategies.
Who we are
As the global pioneer for digital twins of urban forests, we provide very detailed digital copies of each individual tree in a city. With our solution we support the digital transformation of smart cities world-wide. Combining the latest laser scanning technology with the most advanced AI & machine learning methods, greehill enables cities to be radically more productive in their daily operations and to improve the well-being of citizens through a greener, healthier, and more resilient urban environment. We currently operate offices in Budapest (HQ, R&D), Berlin, Singapore, San Francisco and Paris.
Your task will be
- Analyze large and complex datasets to extract actionable insights and identify trends/patterns.
- Develop and implement machine learning models to solve business problems, using algorithms such as regression, classification, clustering, and deep learning.
- Collaborate with domain experts to extract domain-specific features and incorporate them into the models.
- Design and evaluate experiments to test the performance of different models and feature engineering techniques.
- Optimize and fine-tune models for improved accuracy, scalability, and efficiency.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in machine learning, data science, and related fields.
- Conduct research and experiments to explore new algorithms, tools, and methodologies for improved model performance.
We need you to have
- Masters or PhD degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Math, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Have a strong foundation in core Computer Vision, Deep Learning, ML and Statistical Inference concepts.
- Be familiar with Data Pipeline Engineering and ML-Ops Concepts.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- An owner’s mindset - you don’t shy away from the hard stuff.
- Scrappiness, can-do attitude, and the confidence to just get stuff done.
- Results orientated and a business mindset.
- Solid understanding of machine learning algorithms, statistical modeling, and data mining techniques.
- Experience in Python (nice to have C++ knowledge)
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Azure)
We value if you have
- Prior experience with urban tech domain and point cloud processing is an advantage.
- Hands-on experience with deploying the models and algorithms on Azure ML is a plus.
- Experience in a startup working environment.
- Opportunity to have high impact on the digitization and management of urban forests and on climate change adaptation in cities.
- Opportunity to join a dynamically growing team with a lot of freedom to develop together with us.
- Possibility to work and learn in an international, open-minded team of passionate (green-) tech experts.
Please note, this opportunity based in Hungary, Budapest. We are looking for team members, who is eligible to work or has sponsorship to work in locally.