We are looking for static and mobile laser scanning professionals (TLS, Terrestrial Laser Scanner and MLS, Mobile Laser Scanner Operators). Our new colleagues will oversee LiDAR scanning of urban trees in United States, completing pre- and post-processing, geodetic and GIS tasks.
Apply your skills and knowledge to feed the greehill SmartCity platform and support cities become more resilient to the adverse effects of climate change with the data you collect.
Who we are
As the global pioneer for digital twins of urban forests, we provide very detailed digital copies of each individual tree in a city. With our solution we support the digital transformation of smart cities world-wide. Combining the latest laser scanning technology with the most advanced AI & machine learning methods, greehill enables cities to be radically more productive in their daily operations and to improve the well-being of citizens through a greener, healthier, and more resilient urban environment. We currently operate offices in Budapest, Berlin, Singapore, San Francisco and Paris.
In order to make the greehill platform work on an even larger scale, we need to scan trees in the parks and streets of cities. Your skills and knowledge will ensure the precise preparations, the planning of survey projects, and the provision of data acquisition and processing. At parks you will be assisted by special, electric powered scanning vehicles, built together with an RTK GNSS System and a Riegl scanner. On the road you will operate a mobile laser scanner with advanced panoramic camera, where GPS and IMU supports the accurate and fast data collection.
Your contribution will be
- Plan the scanning missions (street scanning with MLS, parking scanning with TLS)
- Perform the preparation tasks (Rinex / RTK preparation, support data acquisition permissions, prepare data acquisition timing with clients, etc.)
- Perform data acquisition using greehill's MLS / TLS SOP's and checklists
- QC the collected data
- Submit captured data to the central processing hub
- Be responsible for maintaining the entire system and keeping it in good working order (measurement vehicle, scanner system)
- Maintaining assertive communication with authorities during the survey projects with the support of our HQ
- Ensuring smooth logistics of the survey equipment
We need you to
- Be available for work and travel within US
- Understand confidently pre- and post-processing, geodetic and GIS tasks
- Have good command of English
- Possess good technical sense and interest in state-of-the-art technologies
- Have clear and assertive communication skills
- Hold a driving license with a safety-conscious, responsible driving style
- Be able to work independently
We value if you have
- Previous experience of working with high-value equipment and abroad
- Previous experience with laser scanning related assignments
- Previous experience with Riegl mobile laser scanner
- Opportunity to develop a product with high impact on the digitization and management of urban forests and on climate change adaptation in cities
- Cutting-edge tools and technologies to work with, e.g., LiDAR remote sensing
- Possibility to work and learn in an international, open-minded team of passionate (green-)tech experts.