We are looking for a Node.JS Developer, who is developing our leading digital smart city platform. Apply your skills, knowledge and creativity to shape our cloud-based smart city platform with cutting edge frontend and backend solutions such as representation of very high-resolution panoramic images, 3D data visualization and complex analytic calculations.
Who we are
As the global leader in nature-based smart city solutions, we help cities around the world become greener and more resilient against climate change. We apply the latest remote sensing technologies and develop machine learning algorithms and software to automate the analysis of urban trees and green spaces. With our cloud-based platform, cities can improve the operational efficiency of green space management and strategic city planning to create a greener, healthier, safer, and more resilient urban environment. We currently have offices in Berlin, Paris, San Francisco, and Singapore, with production headquarters in Budapest.
What you will be doing
- Leading our backend development efforts, where high-performance and speed play vital role
- Cooperate with our product team to make architectural decisions (UX, UI, Product management and Frontend team)
- Building and coding backend in Node.JS in a complex web application.
- Participating in/ conducting code reviews, setting coding standards
- Providing robust and stable code, applying performance tests.
- Providing professional guidance for less experienced developers according to seniority level.
- Having ownership of our backend code with freedom of innovation.
What you should have
- 3+ years of experience in Node.JS
- Experience in Git.
- Proven track record of implementing high-performance systems
- Expertise with web architecture and building scalable applications, while considering security aspects.
- High-performing professionals who take ownership and have a can-do & self-starter attitude.
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
We give preference to
- Experience in Azure cloud technology
- Familiarity with Docker/ Kubernetes.
Why you should work with us
- Opportunity to develop a product with high impact on the digitization and management of urban forests and on climate change adaptation in cities.
- Opportunity to join a dynamically growing startup team at an early stage with a lot of freedom to grow together with us.
- Possibility to work, learn and grow in an international, open-minded team of passionate (green-) tech experts.
- Technology (Software Development)
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Loading application form