We are looking for a curious and highly experienced Machine Learning Engineer. Joining us you can use your skills and knowledge to help cities around the world become more resilient, livable and green.
Who we are
As the global pioneer for digital twins of urban forests, we provide very detailed digital copies of each individual tree in a city. With our solution we support the digital transformation of smart cities world-wide. Combining the latest laser scanning technology with the most advanced AI & machine learning methods, greehill enables cities to be radically more productive in their daily operations and to improve the well-being of citizens through a greener, healthier, and more resilient urban environment. We currently operate offices in Budapest (HQ, R&D), Berlin, Singapore, San Francisco and Paris.
As a result of our cutting-edge data capturing, millions of points are generated where our machine-learning models are finding trees with its parameters. Machine learning experts at greehill work with huge amount of data while utilizing state-of-the-art and self-developed models to continuously find a better way to provide wider and wider range of information about trees represented as digital twins. Your clever ideas will make sure that greehill data processing is always performing on the highest level.
Your contribution will be
- Boosting our machine learning competence by adding latest advancements to our cutting-edge ecosystem that revolutionizes urban forestry.
- Making sure that existing tooling and infrastructure are used to their fullest potential throughout the research lifecycle.
- Implementing and modifying machine learning methods by using best software development practices.
- Optimizing models for size & speed on cloud environment.
- Providing technology and research support for the designing of new products and business use cases.
Your contribution will shape greehill treenery, the leading digital smart city platform for greenery management.
We need you to have
- Solid background in Deep Learning: several years of experience in developing and deploying deep learning algorithms.
- Hands-on experience with large-scale data processing infrastructures and high-performance computer systems.
- Understanding of ML workflow: preparing the data, implementing and training ML models, evaluating results.
- Proven expertise with deep learning models and programming languages.
- Fluent in Linux/Unix environment.
- Professional experience with modern deep learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Jax or MxNet.
- Knowledge/expertise in parallel/distributed computing, such as GPU- and TPU-based model training.
- Demonstrated success in applying complex machine learning methods for real-world value creation.
We value if you have
- Experience of working in agile environments.
- Experience in speed and memory footprint optimization of deep learning models.
- Experience with environmental analysis.
- Solid expertise in working with Azure or GCP cloud provider.
- Experience with a broad range of Machine Learning and Data Science projects.
- Experience with SQL, RedShift, Drill, Spark, DataBricks, EMR and other data querying tools.
We are looking for
- Curious, purpose-driven, out-of-the-box thinkers, seeking complex technological challenges.
- High-performing professionals who take ownership and have a can-do & self-starter attitude.
- Experts who strive for excellence and are eager to work hard to become a little better every day.
- Opportunity to develop a product with high impact on the digitization and management of urban forests and on climate change adaptation in cities.
- Cutting-edge tools and technologies to work with, e.g., LiDAR remote sensing, AI- & machine learning, complex micro-services (Kubernetes) based web-applications.
- Opportunity to join a dynamically growing startup team at an early stage with a lot of freedom to grow together with us.
- Possibility to work, learn and grow in an international, open-minded team of passionate (green-) tech experts.